Also as this is not my work and take no credit for it but thanks to techfanatic9 for putting it together and 1KDS for the original script and tool.
What Does This Nexus 7 Toolkit Include?
- Root Nexus 7 - Works with Android 4.4.x
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Nexus 7
- Unroot/Stock on Nexus 7
- Unlock/Lock Bootloader on Nexus 7
Back-up your tablet as this will wipe everything on it.
Enable developer options and enable USB debugging.
How do I get this to work?
1. Download the toolkit of your choice using the links below.
2. Unzip the file and click on click on the green Android icon.
3. Enter your phone into bootloader mode:
- First power off your tablet and make sure it's unplugged then,press the volume up, volume down, and power button all at the same time. When your phone vibrates let go of the power button, but keep holding onto the volume up and down button. You will now see a green start screen.
Download Unlock Bootloader The New Nexus 7.zip
- Stuck on the nexus X screen? A: Enter into recovery mode and do a factory reset, clear partition cache, and then reboot.
- Asking for password? A: Click cancel and continue.
This is extremely straightforward and should be simple enough to follow the instructions on the applications. Do not worry, there is no need to type any commands and the first screen to be displayed will be the one below. Happy rooting.